The PHO mission is to improve health outcomes by developing, maintaining, improving, and encouraging the application of the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System in research and clinical practice.
The PHO will foster and support a community of researchers, collect PRO data for research and improvements to PROMIS®, support the addition of new domains and items to the system, test the system for new populations, and maintain scientific integrity by demonstrating reliability, validity and responsiveness.
Long Term Aspirations
- Developing PROMIS into a gold-standard outcome metric
- Achieving widespread adoption domestically and internationally
- Becoming part of routine clinical practice across multiple specialties
- Maintaining consistent growth to support continual improvements
- Remaining open, accessible, and low-cost to users
- Fostering a vibrant PROMIS community.