The PROMIs Training Workshop
Moving from PROMIS basics to advanced use
in clinical and research settings
The PROMIS Training Workshop is an intensive learning experience.
The Workshop covers the basics and advanced use of the PROMIS family of measures -- what they are, the value of PROMIS in clinical practice and research, getting started, gaining buy-in, building your team, implementing PROMIS into clinical and research workflows, the importance of data, and using the scores with colleagues and patients.
Plan ahead for PHO Training
May 12-13, 2022 in Montreal
What past attendees said:
"Excellent examples of clinical innovations within clinical contexts and generalizable principles."
"Expert speakers presenting on innovative and boundary-pushing topics."
Susan Bartlett, PhD
Senior Scientist, Centre for Outcomes Research and Evaluation
McGill University Health Centre
Sara Ahmed, PT, PhD
Associate Professor, School of Physical
and Occupational Therapy
McGill University Health System
Track 1: The Basics of PROMIS Use in Clinical Care and Research
Focus on how to choose which PROMIS measures to use, collection in EHRs, and integration into clinical workflow.
Clinicians, Researchers, Healthcare Institutions
What to expect:
- Introduction to IRT and CAT
- Introduction to PROMIS - How to choose the right measures for your purpose, measurement aim, what to measure, how to measures, what do the scores mean
- Getting institution and colleague buy-in
- Technology options and costs (personnel, time)
- Implement in Epic and other EHRs
- How to integrate in clinic flow and use in the consult room
- Clinical Interpretations
Track 2: Advanced PROMIS Use in Clinical Care and Research
Focus on PROMIS measure use and interpretation with illustration in patient care for clinicians, in quality and outcome measurement for health system administrators, and approaches to reporting for both audiences.
Clinicians, Researchers, Pharma Industry, Healthcare Institutions, Discipilines
What to Expect:
- Reporting PROs in patient care
- IT innovations for PROMIS reporting
- Clinician and staff adoption of PROMIS in specialty care clinics
- Optimizing pre- and post-clinic PRO completion for quality use
- PROMIS for quality, value, and finance